Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Pies

Finley making pie. She was very into it as you can see!



Harper had a great time too. He was covered in flour at the end of the day. He insisted on keeping his Batman shirt on. He looked down and said with a smile, " Look I am not Batman anymore, I am Whiteman!" He laughed and laughed. We did too!



A few of the finished products. Every year us women in my family get together to make pies.
We usually make about 20. Our record a few years ago was 28. This year we made 15, coconut cream, chocolate cream, banana cream, pecan, cherry, apple, and of course pumpkin! Yum Yum!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy Cow! I love pie and I wish I could make any pie look that delicious! Nice job!

Steve & Julie said...

I only wonder what you do with all those pies! They look great.

Amie said...

What a fun tradition. They are absolutely beautiful pies! I wish I could taste them. Harper is so funny and I love that picture of Finley contrating so hard! Darling!

Brittney said...

Yum! That is quite the variety. I want to go pie-tasting to your house!!! I love the photos of your kids making the crust, very cute.

Anonymous said...

I am very sad that I missed the pies this year- first time in I don't know how many years! I have it on good authority that they were especially good this year- supposedly pecan was #1. Miss you guys and your awesome kids!

Misty said...

Very impressive and I love the pictures of the kids.

Emily said...

Mmmm, those look delicious. That is awesome that you do that every year. I am glad to see that you made a coconut cream pie...that is my favorite. Harper and Finley are the cutest!!!

Gilbert Family said...

I'm impressed! I have NO baking skills whatsoever! I would love to learn how to make a perfect pie:)

Tricia said...

Those look amazing!