Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Harpers First Day of Preschool


So just as I expected, Harper was super excited to go until we actually got there. He clung to my side and repeated, "I don't like preschool mommy." So after pictures were taken and the kids started sitting in a circle for story time, I handed him off to the teacher and he was still in tears. I told her he usually will cry for a minute and then he is great and and joins in the fun. That is how it usually goes with nursery every Sunday. So Fin and I took off and went grocery shopping. I have to admit that at Wallmart I was in a bit of a rush because I knew for sure they would be calling to come get him early. Well, they never called, and I got back to the neighbors house to get him exactly an hour and a half later. I went to the door and there he was. He had a huge smile and said, "mommy, you came back!" I asked him if he had a great time and he happily said, "yes, I did!" So we will hope that things go smoother dropping him off on Thursday. Emotionally I was great and excited for him, I think because he is just at the neighbors house for a short time. Kindergarten will be a different story for sure,.............I can wait another 2 years for that!


2 comments:

Candace said...

He looks so cool! I'm glad you're blogging now & we can get updates on the kids.

- said...

Holy smokes, he's getting too freaking big. I better get back to work on that time machine...