Friday, September 26, 2008

Catching Up a Bit

I am not posting as much as I would like. There are several things that have gone on since my last post. Ben just turned the big 31 on the 20th! I had to work that day, but we did have a big breakfast with his family at Jim's in A.F. Harper made daddy a green Birthday card that he had drawn Batman and The Joker on. Every time I asked Ben what he wanted for his Birthday, he insisted that he wanted Harper to have a new bike and a helmet. So that's what he got, along with some new clothes for fall. Pretty exciting stuff when you turn 31.

Harper has now had 3 weeks of preschool and he still cries when I drop him off. I was the teacher this week and it turned out to be pretty fun. We learned about the letter "C", Autumn, and the number 2. We made caterpillars in the shape of the letter "C", fall trees with red, orange, and yellow tissue paper leaves, and had candy corn, crackers, and cheese for snack time. If I ever think that one three and a half year old is hard to handle, I will think again. Trying to keep seven of them on task, happy, and away from each others candy corn, was like trying to swallow seven saltine crackers with no milk. It was impossible, but we all lived and I believe we all had a good time.

5 comments:

jojo said...

um...jess, i do that every sunday. i'm the sunbeam teacher. and it is hard, but i bet you did a great job. i can't believe harper is in pre-school!!

Misty said...

It's a little scary to think of what my child might have contributed to your fun day at preschool.

Amie said...

The word is out. We all know about your blog now! No more hiding. :) It's really cute and I'm glad to know you have one. I'm really happy you're doing preschool with us, Harper is such a sweet boy. And don't worry about swallowing 7 saltines, it gets better as they get used to it and into a routine! I know Emilie had a great time when you taught-hopefully she wasn't too difficult! See you Thursday!

Gilbert Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world, I am so excited to add yours to my list of favs (if you don't mind) I hope Harper starts to like preschool, it's always hard when they don't want to go!

Brittney said...

Amie is right....the word is out! I hope that Oaklee was not too much of a handful! I am glad that Harper is in Preschool with Oaklee, he is so cute and fun!